Engaging Business on Climate: Ceres Success Story 6.7.14
This blog is about SUCCESS in the climate action network. Our network is composed of a diverse array of organizations, united by a common goal of acting on climate change, coming together to produce immense positive results. That’s powerful. That’s worth sharing. The success stories featured here will include a range of triumphs, including landmark accomplishments of USCAN members, inspirational collaborations in the network, general flourishing of critical organizations, and more. Each story will have one thing in common: a reason to feel optimistic.
Happy Success Story Saturday! Today’s delightful story is about non-profit organization and USCAN member Ceres. If you are passionate about acting on climate and need a boost, keep reading.
A quarter of a century ago, after the Exxon Valdez oil spill on March 24, 1989, a small group of investors decided that they needed to act, and came together with an idea. The idea was to bring environmentalists and capitalists together to forge a new sustainable business model, one that would protect the health of the planet and the long-term prosperity of its people. Today, Ceres is a thriving non-profit organization that is mobilizing a powerful network of investors, companies, and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy.
…and they’re accomplishing BIG things. Here a few of their successes:
1) Corporate Call to Action: In April 2013, Ceres launched the climate declaration, a corporate call-to-action on climate change. Today, over 750 companies (including Apple and Sprint) and thousands of individuals have signed. More: http://ow.ly/xINPI
2) BICEP: Ceres also launched BICEP (Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy), which has been instrumental in mobilizing businesses (including Annies and Clif) to speak out on climate change. More: http://ow.ly/xJLxq
3) EPA Clean Power Plan: For the release of the standards this week, Ceres mobilized 173 major companies and investors in support of the rules. http://ow.ly/xIOZm
4) Clean Trillion Initiative: Ceres also recently launched a Clean Trillion initiative, a challenge to the world to invest an additional $1 trillion in clean energy/ year. More: http://ow.ly/xIPen
5) 25 Years of More Achievements: Over the course of the last 25 years, Ceres has accomplished a long list of accomplishments. http://ow.ly/xIPiP
Want to stay in touch with this effective and inspirational non-profit?
- LIKE Ceres on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ceres.org
- FOLLOW them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CeresNews
- VISIT their Website: http://www.ceres.org/
Help them create their next success.
Add your voice to the hundreds of businesses and individuals calling for carbon limits that will help protect our planet as well as our economy by joining their Thunderclap action:
We are proud to have Ceres as a member of the US Climate Action Network, and look forward to continued coordination with them and all USCAN members as they #ActOnClimate.
P.S. This is the third edition of our weekly Success Story Saturday series. Don’t miss out, scroll down to see the first two stories!